Cabinet Construction - September 5-6
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana Training Facility
- Dates: Wednesday, September 5 - Thursday, September 6
- Class Time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Maximum Class Size: 6
- Cost: $350.00
We are calling for entries for a 2-day class focused on the onsite construction and installation of cabinets utilizing the Festool System.
In this class, we will cover the tools and techniques necessary to build and install shop-quality cabinetry onsite. Though participants will walk away with a range of broadly applicable skills, the class will concentrate primarily on the construction of a 32mm frameless upper cabinet and a traditional face-frame base cabinet. From raw material to finished boxes ready for finish, you will learn how to work faster, easier, and smarter with the Festool System.
Since most of the two days will be spent in the shop, actually using the tools, we request that registrants have some previous knowledge of the Festool System, and/or the basics of trim carpentry or cabinet construction.
Onsite Cabinet Construction
- Accurate and safe processing of a 4 x 8 sheet goods with the TS Plunge-cut saw
- Precision ripping with FS parallel guides
- Squaring and final dimensioning of cabinet parts on the Multifunction table
- Dimensioning parts with Kapex miter saw
- Building a face frame with the Domino joiner
- Joining frames and cases with the Domino joiner
- LR 32 Hole drilling set
- Hinge plate boring
- Shelf pin boring
- Trimming edge banding with MFK700 router
- Quick and efficient assembly with T-drills
Tools covered in class:
- MFK 700 Multifunction Router
- OF1010 Router
- OF 1400 Router
- Domino DF 500 Joiner
- TS 55 Plunge Cut Saw
- Kapex Slide Miter Saw
- MFT/3 Multifunction Table
- CT26 / 36 Dust Extractors
- Festool Cordless drills with Centrotec and FastFix Chuck System
- KA 65 edge bander