Cabinet Construction + Doors and Drawers Class - March 11-15, 2019
- Location: Asheville, North Carolina Training Facility
- Dates: Monday, March 11, 2019 - Friday, March 15, 2019
- Class Time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Maximum Class Size: 6
- Cost: $700.00
About this class
This is a five-day class consisting of two parts, Cabinet Construction on the first two days, Wednesday will be a day off with no instruction, then the last two days focused on Door and Drawer Construction using the Festool System.
In part one of this class, we will cover the tools and techniques necessary to build and install shop-quality cabinetry onsite. Though participants will walk away with a range of broadly applicable skills, the class will concentrate primarily on the construction of a 32mm frameless upper cabinet and a traditional face-frame base cabinet. From raw material to finished boxes ready for finish, you will learn how to work faster, easier, and smarter with the Festool System. In part two of this class, the tools and techniques necessary to build and install shop-quality doors will be covered, with emphasis on Shaker flat panel, beaded/mitered door, and cope and stick with raised panel. Door styles to include inset, overlay and half-overlay.
Drawer box applications will focus on both inset and overlay styles, using blind and through-tenon construction.
Though participants will walk away with a range of broadly applicable skills, the class will be primarily focused on pro-oriented techniques and applications. From raw material to finished boxes ready for finish, you will learn how to work faster, easier, and smarter with the Festool System.
Since most of the two days will be spent in the shop, actually using the tools, we request that registrants have some previous knowledge of the Festool System, and/or the basics of trim carpentry or cabinet construction. Safety is an extremely high priority in this setting, and we have billed this as an intermediate to expert level class since this class will be almost all hands-on.
Safety glasses and earplugs will be required during all tool use. In addition, participants will be asked to sign a standard liability waiver at the outset of class. If this presents a problem, please let us know beforehand, since this will impact our ability to allow you to work with the tools.
Onsite Cabinet Construction
- Accurate and safe processing of a 4 x 8 sheet goods with the TS Plunge-cut saw
- Precision ripping with FS parallel guides
- Squaring and final dimensioning of cabinet parts on the Multifunction table
- Dimensioning parts with Kapex miter saw
- Building a face frame with the Domino joiner
- Joining frames and cases with the Domino joiner
- LR 32 Hole drilling set
- Hinge plate boring
- Shelf pin boring
- Trimming edge banding with MFK700 router
- Quick and efficient assembly with T-drills
Onsite Cabinet Door Construction
- Shaker Flat panel
- Beaded / Mitered
- Cope and Stick with Raised Panel
- 4mm blind tenon construction
- 5mm through tenon construction
Tools covered in class:
- MFK 700 Multifunction Router
- OF1010 Router
- OF 1400 Router
- CMS router table system
- Domino DF 500 Joiner
- TS 55 Plunge Cut Saw
- Kapex Slide Miter Saw
- MFT/3 Multifunction Table
- CT26 / 36 Dust Extractors
- Festool Cordless drills with Centrotec and FastFix Chuck System
- KA 65 edgebander