Festool System Essentials - August 1-2, 2019
- Location: Asheville, North Carolina Training Facility
- Dates: Thursday, August 1, 2019 - Friday, August 2, 2019
- Class Time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Maximum Class Size: 6
- Cost: $350.00
About this class
This class is geared toward existing power tool users who have a basic or limited knowledge of the Festool System.
In this class, we will cover the essential components of the Festool System, including TS Plunge Cut Saws, Dust Extractors, MFT Multifunction Tables, Jigsaws, Sanders, Kapex, Routers, Domino and more. Existing Festool users will learn to get the most of their existing tools by going through basic application exercises and simple calibration techniques. Participants with limited Festool experience will learn new methods of work through an introduction to the broader line of Festool Tools and Accessories.
Though there will be some limited classroom-style presentations, the bulk of the class time will be spent in the practical training room, using the tools. Safety is an extremely high priority in this setting, and though we are billing the class as a novice to intermediate level, we request that registrants have experience with, and are comfortable using power tools such as saws, routers, joiners and sanders.
Safety glasses and earplugs will be required during all tool use. In addition, participants will be asked to sign a standard liability waiver at the outset of class. If this presents a problem, please let us know beforehand, since this will impact our ability to allow you to work with the tools.
- Work cleaner and more efficiently with system-based, fully integrated Dust Extraction
- Accurate and safe processing of a 4 x 8 sheet goods with the TS Plunge Cut Saw
- Precision ripping with the TS Saw and FS Parallel Guides
- General crosscutting, dimensioning and routing using the Multifunction Table
- Dimensioning of trim, and the basics of crown molding using the Kapex Miter Saw
- Construction of basic joints using the Domino Joiner (beveled, mitered, edge, face, etc.)
- Basic techniques for precision routing with the OF 1400 Router (dados, rabbets, profiles, etc.)
- Basic techniques for efficient and Dust-Free Sanding, including sander selection, abrasive selection and general progression from rough to fine-finish